ALERT: Due to inclimate weather, our Spring Education Meeting has been reschuled for May 15th at the Embassy Suites Loveland.
Welcome to the Larimer County Medical Society (LCMS) website.
Here you can find information of interest for our physician members and the public, ask questions and make suggestions. We want to hear from you! There is also a HIPAA–compliant portal to enhance communication between physician members.
Implementation of this site will help us carry out other objectives of health care related advocacy and services to our members, education and partnership with other organizations. Examples of these activities include:
- Communication with our local, state and national legislators on health issues important to members and citizens of Larimer County
- Legislative night held each October in collaboration with Weld County Medical Society to discuss current issues with candidates and elected legislators
- Working with Colorado Medical Society (CMS) and the American Medical Association (AMA) on evolving issues in the practice of medicine, ie., healthcare reform
- Two LCMS board members represent our Society on the Colorado Medical Society board of directors and 25 delegates from LCMS serve the House of Delegates
- LCMS members participate on issue-specific CMS committees and work groups such as patient safety, payment reform, Rx abuse, provider and payor relations, and practice viability
- Resolutions written by our medical society are presented to CMS delegation regarding current issues. For example, inappropriate advertising and in situ uranium mining (fracking), both of which were then referred to the AMA
- Annual and spring meetings include speakers on medically compelling topics
- CME events - includingspring membership education meeting, Meaningful Use, Physician Advocacy
- Our newsletter, the Honker, and website with featured articles and updates by members and guests
- HIPAA-secure email exchange for members, including those not connected to a hospital or large group server
- Full-time Executive Director available to assist you and your staff on practice issues
- Annual physician and community resource directory in print, distributed throughout Larimer County with information also available on website
- Physician referrals made to the public
PARTNERSHIP IN ACTION AND SERVICE
- Scholarship for Larimer County high school graduates who are attending medical school
- Promotion of region-wide health information exchange (HIE). Working with CORHIO (Colorado Regional Health Information Organization), this collaborative includes LCMS, Weld County Medical Society, Poudre Valley Hospital System, Banner Health System, the North Colorado Health Alliance, Northern Colorado IPA and the Northern Larimer County Health District. CMS Connection working together on various social and community related activities
- Providing a LCMS representative to the Larimer County Patient Centered Medical Home Women physician get-togethers